Monday, 18 May 2015

Homegrown Goodness | Watercolour Illustrations


A full page watercolour illustration, to accompany an article on growing your own fruit and vegetables in the garden - for Bon Magazine. I wish I could have seen this in print, but as so often happens in my line of work - I never received my copy!

This commission was perfectly timed for me - as I have just embarked on trying to grow my own fruit and vegetables. I was able to choose what I wanted to paint, so long as it was summery, so I chose strawberries, peas, cucamelons and courgette flowers - and painted them as vibrant and as nutritious as I hope my crop will be!


If you'd like to see how I painted this piece, I filmed some of it's progress in my week-long vlog, to be found on my youtube channel!

Do you grow your own? I'd love to read some tips & tricks!

3 comments:

  1. So vibrant! I'd love to have a vegetable patch! Good luck growing! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing you painting this on your video a little while ago and digging your allotment, is anything sprouting yet?
    Beautiful illustration as always Holly.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your illustrations are beautiful and so I've nominated your blog for the #liebsteraward :) http://bit.ly/1BjGvD3 #HappySunday

    ReplyDelete