Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Illustrator's Advice | Video on Finding Inspiration

Hello! Just a quick update for you today to alert you to a number of new videos I've posted over on my Youtube channel.

I recently put together a video about finding motivation and inspiration through the darkest of days (namely January and February!) and some tips I find helpful for generating ideas and producing self-initiated work when paid work slows down.

Hope you find it useful and enjoyable to watch! Please subscribe if you're new and, as always, leave any suggestions on future videos in the comments section as I really appreciate the feedback.


7 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying all your videos Holly. I took your advice and started drawing something from life every day as opposed to photos. The drawings are a bit wonky but it gives them character and I'm having a good time!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear Lynne! What are you drawing? I need inspiration so I can stop just drawing food from my cupboards (although I do love to draw food!)

      Delete
    2. I am just drawing things from around my house including the crochet dog on my bed and the toilet, LOL.
      Lynne

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tips! I love the idea of carrying around an ideas book. I've been in a funk lately so this is encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help Allison! I also think in this digital driven world it can be hard to hear ideas over the noise of social media and news headlines (she says, on a web blog). Maybe take a walk, go sit in a cafe, step away from the computer and take a notebook. That usually works for me, but if not it's still an enjoyable break!

      Delete
  3. I love your videos and your illustrations are amazing! I have just recently started drawing from life again because of this video and I have been loving it. I'm a 13 year old and have recently started watercolors. If anyone could check out my portraits and give me a couple of pointers it would be greatly appreciated! The link to my Blog is http://kirawilsonsart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video Holly! I've just discovered your artwork thanks to Fran Meneses and her comment section. You definitely inspired me to try illustrate animals and food, thanks!

    ReplyDelete