Thursday, 5 February 2015

Painting a Greyhound | Watercolour Illustrations

January was a month of movie-making (well, youtube video making...) and I must admit I've had a surprising amount of fun learning how. It's something that I've wanted to try out for a long time but I've never really had the time - so I'm completely relishing the opportunity now, and hope to be able to make it a regular part of my year.

I started thinking seriously about it when I first got Quentin, as every moment with him as a young puppy was worth filming (in my eyes anyway!) But as anyone who's ever had an 8 week puppy will know, there was no time between the toilet training, the waking through the night and the watching over him with beady eyes, to buy a camera, yet alone edit and upload videos.

But now he's older and (slightly) less of a hand-full, I'm enjoying capturing moments with and without him. I have a few exciting travel plans this year that I will be documenting this way, and I'd like to make some more illustration based videos too, showing paintings being created and offering advice when I can - much like I try to do here!

I hope you enjoy watching my latest upload - featuring Quentin the pug as per usual, and more painting as requested!



Please do let me know what you think - any requests for future videos?!

Subscribe to my channel.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Your work is beautiful and I find the time lapse illustration videos fascinating, plenty more of those,please! I've always been a bit hesitant to use water colours, wishy washy landscapes etc, but your work is so bright, and clever and detailed-just stunning! Dare I ask for some tutorial-ey type videos? Sure would beat the current YouTube offerings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh what a lovely comment - thanks! Absolutely, I really appreciate video suggestions at this early stage - will see what I can do! Thanks for watching x

      Delete
  2. Have just seen your work featured on Essie Button! So beautiful & inspiring!! xx

    www.roseandmuse.com
    www.roseandmuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this- all of your work is beautiful! You have definitely inspired me to start watercoloring and experimenting with different mediums- thanks!

    http://michellesmorningcoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Michelle - so kind of you to say!

      Delete