Tuesday, 27 January 2015

Lets Get To Know Each Other



I was appointed by one of my lovely blog readers Rachel Wright (along with Heart Handmade , Work Play , Travel Write Draw and Carly Watts ) to answer these questions and follow the chain by tagging more bloggers to answer my 11 questions (and so on and so forth and so on). I sometimes find these chains a fun thing to do, to discover new bloggers and read something a little different. I hope you do too!

1. How did you come up with your blog name?

Not very interesting answer to start with - it's just my name!

2.When and why did you start blogging?

I just had to check - but my first ever blog post was created in 2009! Six years ago! I was a first or second year student at uni, and I wanted somewhere to record my progression into illustration. 


3. What are your goals for 2015?



See more. Work more. Grow vegetables.

4. Who is your biggest inspiration?

I don't think I have a definitive answer - I would like to have someone, an idol, who I can turn to when things get tough or confusing and ask "what would such-and-such do?". But sadly there's not one person I am consistently inspired by. In general though, I'd say it's female artists throughout history. Frida Khalo, Beatrix Potter, Paula Rego being my top ladies!


5. What’s your favourite thing to wear in your closet?


I have a love/hate relationship with the contents of my wardrobe as I can never quite trust my clothes not to make me feel fat and frumpy whenever they choose to.


6.What's your favorite possession?

My dog, Quentin. He's not my possession, in fact he probably owns me, but he's the best thing I've ever parted with money for.

7. If you could choose, what decade would you have grown up in?


This is probably a very common response - the 1960's. The clothes, the interiors, the music, the peace and love.


8. What's your party trick?


Being socially awkward and befriending the pets instead.


9. What is your earliest childhood memory?


My next door neighbour (who I was convinced I was going to marry one day) making faces at me through the dining room window whilst I ate dinner.

 

10. If you had one extra hour of free time a day, how would you use it?

Outside. Walking the dog, exploring new parts of Epping Forest, probably filming said dog for my youtube channel.


11. What is the most played song on your ipod?

Silence. I don't have an ipod and my music taste has disintegrated. I much prefer radio in my old age.




Thank you once again to Rachel for nominating me! I think this is a great way of getting to know fellow bloggers, finding new blogs and giving your own blog a bit of a boost! It was nice to write a little bit topic from what I normally blog about - a little more personal, a little less illustration.

Hope you enjoyed reading! I'd like to nominate these lovely, creative people, who's blogs I follow avidly! (creeper):

Fran from frannerdsblog.blogspot.co.uk

Harriet from helloharriet.com/blog

Ella from ellamasters.co.uk

Hannah from raisinheart.com

Ron from Dresses On a Clothes Line

And the questions are:

1.  Would you rather never have internet access again or never be able to travel outside your home country again?
2. What's your naughtiest habit during your working day?
3. Where do you do most of your people-watching?
4. On average, what time of day are you most happy and content?
5. What are some of your strangest pet peeves?
6. If you could choose, which decade would you have grown up in?
7.  Would you rather be Penny Crayon or have Bernards Watch? (apologies if this is a bit obscure - google it!)
8. Where can you be found at a big house party?
9. Which talent do you most envy in others?
10. When and why did you start your blog?
11. What are your goals for 2015?

3 comments:

  1. The 40's 50's and 60's must have been great decades, I love films from that era.
    Hey, that's my party trick too!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I just saw this - finally catching up on my bloglovin feed!
    Lovely answers and I love reading these! Now I have to try and do this xx
    P.S Love the new Youtube channel!

    ReplyDelete