Sunday, 27 July 2014

Illustrations for The Metro | Watercolour Illustrations

Banana, Sliced

Banana Skin

Coffee Cup & Beans

Daffodil in a Jar

Lemons

Popcorn Bucket


Here are some recent illustrations created for a Metro Newspaper advertising campaign, to promote their new scented printing services. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my hands on the illustrations actually being used in print so I'm not entirely sure how it all turned out, which is always a shame.

I've included both banana illustrations, although the banana skin wasn't used in the end as it was perceived to have litter connotations, which I tend to agree with. I think it's useful to record the progression of a brief, perhaps next time I will think a little more on the possible associations of the images I choose to work from!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I agree that you can learn a lot from each project you work on - I certainly seem to :)

    ReplyDelete

  2. Such vibrant, beautiful paintings! I'm inspired to pick up a paintbrush and some watercolors. Lovely work!

    -Lizz
    Smile a little at my blog here :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great (and really helpful) to see the progression of a project and the thought process that went into it. Some of the detail in these paintings is really incredible, the coffee beans and frothy bubbles in the cup are particularly impressive :)

    ReplyDelete