Monday, 2 June 2014

Vintage Teacup Tin for Marks & Spencer | Watercolour Illustrations




Last summer, I was approached by Marks & Spencers to work on a new design for a biscuit tin. This was a bit of a career moment for me. I remember when Emily Robertson did those amazing large scale paintings for the foodhalls, and thinking for the first time how much I'd like to work with M&S. They always seem to commission fantastic illustrations for their food and homeware products. To be asked to add to this repertoire was such a compliment!

And finally, after nearly a year of waiting, the tins have reached the shops. Naturally myself and most of the people I know are stockpiling them whenever and wherever we can, so apologies if you can't find them in store (!) , but I recommend you buy one because I'm kind of in love with them.

The teacups have a 3D element to them (I wonder what the technical term is?) which I am very taken with, and the cream background just adds to that vintage feel. Sadly, I didn't paint the typography, but I enjoy it nonetheless. I should also mention the biscuits inside are the perfect tea time biscuits. Chocolately, coconuty, buttery.

Let me know what you think - have you spotted these in the shops yet??

6 comments:

  1. Incredible Holly :) I aspire to produce work for M&S too - you must be soo proud! These tins are absolutely gorgeous - I'll be on the look out for them, especially as I would love to buy one! I am surprised you didn't paint the typography as it really looks like something you would do. Oh, I think the 3D effect is called "embossing"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazingly gorgeous! I will buy them just for the tin :)
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done holly, love these so much! you must be so proud. still trying to convince my boyfriend to buy a tin so i can have it, haha. would do so myself but i have no money/income currently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Wow, those are so breathtaking. Super cute design! You are inspiring me to break out my watercolor paints! :]

    Lizz

    ReplyDelete
  6. The prettiest biscuit tin I have ever seen. I need to buy one now. Well done. You must be very proud!!

    ReplyDelete