Tuesday, 16 July 2013

World Food Illustrations for Voyeur Magazine | Watercolour

Recently I was contacted by Voyeur magazine (the inflight magazine for Virgin Australia) to produce ten illustrations of iconic national dishes.

American Hamburger

Chinese Xiao Long Bao

Sri Lankan Egg Hopper

French Gateau St. Honore

Australian Meat Pie

This was a really enjoyable commission to work on, one which allowed me to hone my skills in food illustration. It was wonderful to illustrate such vibrant and interesting dishes, and a challenge to produce them for such a short turn around - and to clients on the other side of the world!

For this reason, I'm not yet able to show these illustrations in print, as I'm still waiting for the magazine to be posted across to me - but I'm really excited to see it, as it's my biggest editorial commission to date - in terms of how much work was involved.

Vietnamese Spring Rolls

Mexican Tacos


Japanese Ramen

Spanish Paella

Italian Ragu


Please do let me know what you think of my work, share it if you like it, and if you're on Behance, you can support the project by clicking the button below (please click the thumbs up on the project too!)



Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous Holly - Congrats on a good job well done. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're so bloody good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning! i love every single one, and they all look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi just did a feature of you on my blog :)

    I adore your work!

    http://amiemakes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/marvellous-mondays.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy snap such talent
    you are one amazing artist with many gorgeous artwork to adore :')

    ReplyDelete