Friday, 31 August 2012

Travel Journals | Inspiration

It's time to let you in on a secret I've been planning for most of this year... Next month my sister and I are embarking on an adventure, travelling first to Nepal and then on to Burma for THREE WHOLE MONTHS!

It's a long time spent away from everyday life, and I'm incredibly excited, but I've also started to consider what I will miss of my home comforts. Music will be a big one, as will be my bed, clean clothes, hair straighteners and the rest, but I think most of all it will be my work. I've come to realise that I pick up a paint brush pretty much every single day - and I'm not ready to go cold turkey from this habit.

For this reason, I've decided to give up some space in my rucksack for a mini watercolour set, a few paint brushes and a sketchbook. I'm going to be painting up mountains, looking up at temples, sitting in crowded backpacking bars - I can't wait!

Here's some collected inspiration of existing travel journals. I very much look forward to sharing mine  in 2013 :)

Michelle Allen's colourful sketchbooks.
Liz Steel


Le Corbusier : les voyages d’Allemagne : carnets / Ch.-E. Jeanneret, Le Corbusier. New York: Monacelli Press, 1995
Ella Jackson's painting from travels in Cambodia.

Sara Midda's South Of France: A Sketch Book





5 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing! Three whole months will make for an unforgettable experience. Can't wait to see those sketchbook-paintings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. aawww i love illustration of "Lakshmi", just like my name ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious collection. and travel well. btw do you know dorry spikes's illustrations? think you might like too. happy travels,and enjoy every last drop of the preparation process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the mention and finding inspiration in my journal pages. :)
    your trip looks & sounds like it was unbelievable! those pictures make me want to hop a plane at this instant.
    and your illustrations... just beautiful! can't wait to see your journal pages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi
    who is the illustrator of "lakshmi "?can you please give a link to him/her blog.

    ReplyDelete