Friday, 6 July 2012

Zizzi's Plate Design Competition

Yes. I went there. I entered an illustration competition. I generally avoid these as I feel like they degrade the industry and give it that tacky X Factor feel. If you want an illustrator for your project, why not just hire one? The industry is competitive enough, without bombarding it with actual competitions.

That being said, I wanted to create some new work, and saw this as an opportunity to do so. Plus, I find the way Zizzi promotes their "fresh talent" to be very well executed, and many of the winners have gone on to carve out successful careers in the industry.

Here's my design. Sadly it didn't make the shortlist, but I'm happy with it and feel it would make a lovely plate so...there.

1 comment:

  1. That's a shame they didn't go with your design, I love the way you paint! Also completely agree with you about competitions of that sort, unfortunately it's hard to avoid doing a deal with the devil on occasion... x

    ReplyDelete