Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Things That Stir My Imagination

Image source.

1. These artist studios in Barrons Court (I think?!). I pass them on my coach journey's into London, and every time they take my breath away. How amazing would it be to have studio windows like those? I can only imagine how stunning the interior must look. I adore the strange window placement, the dark lead and the red brick work. Magical buildings.

Image source.
2. Botanical tattoos. 


3. Japan. This is largely due to the fact I am currently absorbed in 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. 


4. Interior Gardens. They remind me of the tiny moss gardens I used to make as a child inside bakewell tart tins!


5. Allison Schulnik. After showing my sister the Grizzly Bear video she directed, I was reminded of how much Allison Schulnik's work inspires me. I am always bowled over by an artist who can cross disciplines and carry a distinctive visual identity with them. Her paintings, pottery and film work is all so inextricably hers.

6 comments:

  1. Wooow, beautiful pictur. Beautiful botanical tattoo. And I really like those interior gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is very nice!

    Have to say, I also am imagining the interior of the studio.
    How amazing it has to be! Maybe you can find some pictures on the internet?

    Anyway, we started following!
    Hope you take a little time to take a look at our blog and maybe follow back?!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Привет! Предлагаю обменяемся ссылками с http://www.risunoc.com/. Спасибо.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 25, 2012

    I used to pass those artists studios too on my way home in London and once saw a very glamorous lady in nothing but a fur coat coming down the stairs. A real life drawing class peut-etre?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Holly,

    Those artist studios are fascinating. Do you know that the long, thing, very narrow windows were for when the artists in residence used to get Canvases delivered and they were so large they couldn't fit through the door!

    Top fact! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post Holly! The artists studios look amazing, their windows are incredible. It would be a dream to create inside a beautiful building like that. x x

    ReplyDelete