Friday, 27 April 2012

Costello Portrait for The Florida Times | Watercolour




This illustration was based on the infamous wheel Costello uses during his concerts, to determine what song to play next. His discography is vast, and stretches over so many genres - hence the appeal of the wheel to decide the set list.

This was a really fun job - painting portraits is one of my favourite things to do and I got to play around with a little visual idea I've had in my head for a while, which coincidentally fit with the brief. 

2 comments:

  1. I've just found your blog and I'm so happy that I did. Your work is wonderfully vibrant and so inspiring! I'm now following you on bloglovin, can't wait to see your next posts! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, this is absolutely amazing! Not only are the colours and lighting very beautiful and neat but also the concept with the circle around the face and the idea behind it is absolutely great too. Fits very well on the website as well.

    ReplyDelete