Monday, 31 October 2011

My Weekend in Pictures | Autumn's Here



This weekend was not one of the greatest, but I've been slightly more snap-happy than usual ( honeymoon period with Instagram) so thought I'd share the results. I went for a delightful walk along the canal and around Waltham Marshes on Sunday and it felt like I left London for a time. As a country girl I pine (cone) for nature and natural surroundings on a daily basis, but I rarely seek it out in London. Now that I live in Walthamstow, Epping Forest is not too far away and is calling my name. It's the largest public open space in London, don't you know, and is an impressive 6,000 acres. 

It's on my to-do list.

I also visited Chatsworth Road Market for a crepe ( salmon, poached egg, asparagus, hollandaise - so delicious I momentarily forgot my Instagram addiction! ) and a browse of the stalls. I found this amazing vintage bird and animal feed carrier (pictured), which the stall holder explained was probably a custom made case for an animal feed tradesman. For some reason this fascinated me?! That job title would not exist today. It was such a beautifully crafted and original object - I should have bought it and hung it on my wall. 

Anyway, that's all for now folks, just a brief update. 
Those of you that haven't yet, should visit my NEW SHOP! (please) 

1 comment: