Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Recent Events


Those of you who follow me on Twitter might have seen my announcement that I had been offered a big illustration job recently. As any illustrator knows, any paid job is very very very exciting, but the thing that made me scream with excitement was the essential research trip that came with it... to Rio de Janeiro!

It felt like things were fiiiiiinally looking up. Unfortunately, the job was only 95% finalised, and the client kept stalling and stalling until it became too late to organise a trip out there. And so I lost the job.

I have to say that I was devastated by this news - and as pathetic as it seems, I think I still am - a whole 3 weeks later! It really is a tough time to be a graduate, especially an Illustration graduate, and I know that a lot of you will be in the same boat as me - late nights spent working on self motivated projects, endless emails that are rarely acknowledged- and to get an email like the one I received offering the job was like a light at the end of a tunnel.

But hey ho, I'm learning that life is full of these little disappointments and you've just got to pick yourself up again. I appreciate I have to fight that little bit harder, because lets face it, to draw/paint for a living is an absolute dream job!

And... I do think its pretty cool that one of the biggest Ad Agencies in Brazil has seen my work. Win!

4 comments:

  1. That is such a shame, I think your work is lovely.
    You'll be fine!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, how disappointing! I really feel for you. We've all been there, but your work is beautiful, so I'm sure something will turn up very soon. You show a good positive attitude, which definitely helps. Keep smiling! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man that definitely sucks! But for certain this wont be your last opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw man, so sorry to hear that didn't pan out. i can't even begin to imagine how frustrating it must have been to be so close to sealing the deal to boot.

    here's to next time!

    ReplyDelete