Friday, 3 September 2010

Little project for Sketchbook Magazine




Some work for SketchBook Magazine that will be in their next rather marvellous 'The Editor's Choice' issue, issue number 3. Here I illustrated the work and path editor Paul De Zwart took to produce Alef Magazine, a magazine celebrating modern middle eastern culture without the pretence of a westernised view. The illustrations had to have a slight fantastical element to them, as the story of the editor was a slightly fantastical one, focusing on his uncovering of middle eastern culture.
I'm STILL not sure what I think of them, mainly because I was forbidden to use my beloved paint box, and instead used ink. It certainly was a challenging brief!

3 comments:

  1. I totally understand why you might feel that way; we are our own worst critics! But they look pretty incredible to me!

    ReplyDelete